Are you struggling to come up with unique and motivating activities each and every day? Are your students bored of the same thing each day?
Do your students love music as much as mine do? Are your students always humming the newest pop single out on the radio? Download the free app Ditty and read on to learn how you can use it in speech!
How do you use this app?
- Open up the app
- Type in the text that you want
- Select a song from the those provided within the app (you can search for free songs!)
- And done! Listen to the masterpiece!
- You can save the video/song to your iPad to email or just replay whenever students want!
How can you use this app?
- Articulation: Students can write words or sentences with their articulation words and turn it into songs.
- Grammar: Students can work on noun/verb tenses or compound/complex sentences and turn them into songs.
- Vocabulary: Turn curriculum vocabulary that you are reviewing for a test into a song that they will remember. Turning definitions that they need to memorize into a song, it will help them study in a fun and functional way.
- Social skills: Turn the social skills rules you are working on into a song. You can sing the song you created whenever you need to review those strategies.
- Story recall/sequencing: Students can type in their summaries, or what they wrote down on a graphic organizer while reading/listening to a story. They can hear their responses in a song.
- Fluency: You can have students practice their fluency strategies while coming up with sentences to type in as the text. They can hear their creations as a reward. Students can also use this app to document their feelings and emotions about their stuttering in a fun way.
As you can tell, the possibilities are ENDLESS!!! As you can tell, I just love that I can use this app to work on ANY speech goal! If the students are motivated, I can work on anything, it is FREE, and FUN?! Works in my world! Learn more about this free app by clicking HERE.
Want to see the app in action? Want to see some videos that I made in minutes? Watch my video below from my Periscope on this topic: