The generous people over at Home Speech Home created a brand new app and was generous to provide me with a copy to check out. They were even more generous to provide me with more copies to giveaway!! Keep reading to learn more about this great new app!!
As soon as you enter the app, you are presented with four choices. You can select a game from here:
- Tap Tap
- Say & Slice
The app gives students a sneak peak of the cards and where they are located. This is great so they can be more successful. Don’t want them seeing, hid the screen once you hit GO! You can also decide if you want 2 rows of cards or 3.
As you can see below, just by tapping the syllables in the text provided, students can see the break down and say them in pieces.
Once they say them in pieces, they can say it together by moving them back up to the word. They are rewarded with an “awesome” or another praise word.
- You can move at your own pace
- Multimodality approach
- You can select the amount of syllables to work with
- Opportunities to see the syllables in text, color coding, and circles underneath.
- Fun activities to make drilling more entertaining
- Four activities = can use this app over and over and not get bored
- Ability to record productions and hear it back to help self correct.
- Ability to mark correct, incorrect, or prompts.
- Data collection and progress monitoring.
- Ability to see word lists, select and deselect words based on mastery/needs
- Ability to see how many words/images you have left
Want to check out another one of my app reviews? Hop over to this one next!