I was recently contacted by Kim Patterson, an SLP that created a fun product for Super Duper Inc. She provided me with a copy of it to check out and review for all of you! She also promised another copy for one lucky winner on my blog!! How amazing!! First off, I love it when fellow SLPs do amazing things and getting a product published is a huge accomplishment!
Silly Sets: Minimal Pairs for Maximum Progress
- Auditory bombardment of target sounds/processes
- Listening skills: can your students hear their sounds and discriminate between those sounds and its minimal pair?
- Tons of opportunity to practice. These cards will elicit conversation which will incorporate the target sounds/processes!
- Great for showing students how when the sound is altered, it can change the meaning of the message.
- Great way to laugh!! These are just so cute and funny! It is humor your students will understand!!
- You can easily pair these cards with a fun & motivating board game or activity.
- Have your students come up with their own comic strips! Great way to add creativity to this activity!
- Final Consonant Deletion
- Cluster Reduction