SLP….scheduling….although we may hate it, it is apart of our job especially if you are an SLP in the schools. Now, you are probably wondering why I named this post “SLP Scheduling Fun”…fun?? Scheduling fun?? OK it may not be fun! But I always follow the same routine each year to help make it less painful!
Do you often find yourself staring at the computer screen and with piles of paper like the image above? No need!!
Item to have in order to prepare for scheduling:
- Caseload list
- Class lists, note which class each student on your caseload is in
- Master schedules: when does each class have lunch, specials, when can you pull, etc.
- You list of bus/lunch duties and times you are needed for assignments
- PENCILS and ERASERS
- I create an Excel spreadsheet of my caseload.
- I sort my students by classes.
- Then I take my master schedule and highlight my students’ classes on that list. Since I can only pull during specials, I take my highlighter and I highlight only those slots that I can use. Why bother highlighting the gym slot when I cannot take from that time?