Want to make your speech and language sessions fun and functional? Use supermarket ads!
They come in the mail, now you can bring them from home to work! This will allow you to bring the community into your speech room. (Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon Affiliate links)
What can you do with them?
- Vocabulary: Students can describe, categorize, compare/contrast, and more!
- Role play: Pretend you are making a grocery list and going shopping. What will you need to do? What if you cannot find something on your list?
- Sequencing: What are the steps for going grocery shopping?
- Problem/solving: What should you do if you do not have enough money? What should you do if they are sold out of the item you want/need?
- Articulation: Can you locate your target sounds?
- Fluency: Practice using fluency strategies while role playing or describing!
As you can see, there are so many goals you can address! You can use ads as is or cut them out!
You can pair these with games and activities like:
Want a free activity you can use to work on supermarket vocabulary? It is print and go and so much fun!