Smarty Ears has done it again! They created Apraxia Ville, an app perfect for those working with students with Apraxia and/or articulation errors! This app is easy to navigate and use with a group of up to 4 students! It uses a fun farmer theme which is motivating for young students!
You can input student profiles (through app or through Therapy Report Center) which allows for collection of data and individualization of activities.
There are three levels of activities included in this app:
- The Sound Windows (sound production). In this activity. Students practice CV production with a multi-sensory approach. They can see, move, touch, listen and even video record their productions! This is great for those needed to see their articulators and monitor movements!
- The Farm House (single word production). This is great for moving practice to either VC, CV, or CVC productions. At any time, you can click the sound windows to bring students right back to the sound production level if they need to “refresh.” In this activity, students can listen, record, and replay own productions to monitor. You can collect data in this task.
- The Words Farm (multiple word production). This allows your students to produce 2 or 3 words in a sequence. You can have them say the same word or sound. You can also have them do a sequence of 2 minimal pair sounds. Students can again, listen, record, and replay own productions. Data is collected by you or your students rating the productions.
At any time, you can click done. You are then brought to the reports page (this page is also accessible from the main page). As you can see, you can also get homework pages from here! This is great for carryover and to show parents what you are working on. You can email the homework pages from the app. You can also access data reports from this page.
Things I like about this app:
- Easy to use
- Cute and motivating farm theme
- Address sound, word, and multi-word level
- Multi-sensory approach
- Homework pages ready to go
- Connects with Therapy Report Center
- Can use “quick play” if you do not have time to set it up.
- Targets CV, VC, and CVC levels
- Ability to quickly jump back to sound windows page if needed