Have you fallen in love with EET (expanding expression tool) yet?! Are you still learning more about it?! Are you deciding how to incorporate it into your speech rooms? Are you deciding how to get your hands on it?! Thanks to an amazing program, Donor's Choose, I was able to get the ENTIRE kit purchased for my speech room!! How did I do this?! You need 6 points in order to request materials from a store other than those being recognized by the website. After getting about 4 smaller projects funded, I had enough points to request anything I wanted! WOOHOO! As you can see below, I got the entire EET kit and 5 student strands (one for each student in my groups).
What is the benefit of having the entire kit vs. just the “strand” or a man-made EET?
- You have the manual! Easier to learn how to use and suggestions! I still have to keep reading through it but I am so excited!
- It comes with pictures great for teaching how to use the EET
- It comes with a poster that can be hung or balanced on a table. It is a great visual to teach students how to use the tool! It tells what each bead means and probing question to elicit the correct responses!
- It comes with dice and stickers! Great for creating your own motivating activities!! I cannot wait to use them!! Stay tuned for posts to see how!
- By having the student strands, I can now hold the larger strand and each student can hold their own! No more waiting, watching, and grabbing! Also, the student strands are cheaper to replace! No more cringing when a student drops the strand accidentally.