Are you like me and did not go to ASHA this year?! Whether it is not your thing, financial, can't take time away from family/work, it is OK! There are still MANY ways to join in the ASHA fun! This “I didn't go!” blog hop is one such way! Your favorite SLP bloggers/TpT sellers that have stayed back have joined together to keep the fun alive right from home!
Now…let's play let's pretend. Pretend you are at ASHA and I was presenting (I am SO not a public speaker so this would not happen, sorry!) What would I talk about? What would you want to hear? What do I feel comfortable enough to share with the ASHA participants?
- They may have an auditory processing weakness.
- They may not comprehend the questions asked of them.
- They may not understand directions.
- They may be too distracted to complete a task.
- Poor reading skills can interfere.
- Inability to express responses.
- Poor writing skills can impact ability to respond in written form.
- Literal learners and have a difficult time thinking abstractly about a text or information presented.
- Weak memory.
- And so much more!
- I use graphic organizers to help students organize their thoughts and information heard/read.
- I model how to “think about your thinking” by having an external dialogue while I answer questions.
- Visual aids on steps on how to respond and what to look for with the different types of questions.
- Practice tasks with background noise.
- Provide sentence strips on how to respond to the different question types with expanded answers.
Am I your first stop?! Well…you have to start from the beginning and hop all the way through in order to get the chance to win AMAZING prizes!!
What are the prizes?
3rd place-a 3 download bundle
Need to start at the beginning?? Click HERE or the image below!!