You are wondering if you should invest in SpeechPathology.com…you need CEUs..I will answer questions for you!
We need CEUs. Yes…ASHA does accept professional development that does not need to be pre-approved CEUs. However, many states do require it, or a certain amount of CEUs. It can be tough to find quality workshops that are CEU providers in our areas. Also…we are busy! That is why I love that there is a website that I can go to for CEUs…SpeechPathology.com. I am going to share why I recommend it so much so you can make the decision for yourself what you want to do!
Benefits of using Speechpathology.com
- Tons of topics to pick from (easy to search for what you are looking for).
- Constantly adding new workshops
- Can do on your own time, at your own pace, and from anywhere
- Various learning styles provided: video, audio, text options
- They even submit your CEUs to ASHA on your behalf
- Handouts provided
- Transcripts stored on site so you can access later if you need to print out and submit to ASHA or state
- Live webinars provided as well
- Website easy to use and navigate
- Not just for school-based SLPs!
- Price is reasonable for all you get!
Why I Recommend this Site for SLPs
- Keeps you inspired (I am the only one that loves to learn?!).
- Easy to learn and tons of topics for all needs: Apraxia, vocabulary, reading strategies, literacy, AAC, 3:1 model, and so much more!
- I have gotten great ideas, inspiration, and evidence that I can use in my therapy room
- I have often stopped it since I don't have an hour to sit and watch and can tune in when I can
- Perfect if you need tons of CEUs in a pinch!
- I know many SLPs that got their districts to pay for it! They use this website on professional development days!
I have been using this website for several years not and I know I can always rely on it for quick inspiration or CEUs when I need. My district even let's me use it for their district PD requirement. Yes…I pay for it myself (they won't pay)…but I don't mind since it is cheaper than many other options. That said..I still LOVE trying to find live workshops that I can attend since I love being around likeminded SLPs but that isn't always possible with busy schedules, families, and other responsibilities.
Learn more about this website and sign up by clicking HERE! Have more questions? Unsure if this is for you? Unsure if the price is worth it? Feel free to email me or comment below! I will be happy to answer any questions!