With St. Patrick's Day happening this week, I have prepared a round-up for you! I have included my St. Patrick's Day activities present and past and more! Check out my favorite activities and freebies for St. Patrick's Day!
My St. Patrick's Day Activities:
- (Pre K – 8) When I created my popular word fun downloads I was always asked to incorporate that into more themes. This resource lets students have fun practicing receptive and expressive language skills and comes with a variety of games!
- (K-3) Turn your speech room into a St. Patrick's Day celebration with the help of this interactive story! I guarantee that your kiddos will love reading this fun story about Larry the Leprechaun and putting the interactive pieces into place. Students can work on the following goals with this activity: answering questions, auditory comprehension, story recall, sequencing, categorization, following directions, vocabulary, and more!!
- This is a fun way to work on drawing conclusions without the prep! These digital escapes are so engaging and fun and my students are always asking for more. This is perfect for your older speech students and also comes with a graphic organizer so they can organize their thoughts and assist with the recall of the clues/items.
- In this activity your students will practice the “Somebody, Wanted, But, So, Then” method of making summaries, in addition to practicing verbal expression skills. This is one of my favorite methods and it has really worked well for my students.
- Help your students improve their ability to answer yes/no questions with this engaging St. Patrick's Day-themed card game. Your students will get to play a fun game, and if they draw a “Lucky You” card, then they get a bonus turn! Don't you love it when learning and fun are intertwined?!
My St. Patrick's Day FREEBIES:
Looking for more ways to keep students motivated and incorporate the high-interest themes to target even more goals?! Make sure you sign up for SLP Elevate – The only membership that provides materials exclusively for older students!! This month we are having a blast with the theme: Social Media!
Members have reported:
“I cannot tell you how much my high schoolers are loving the social media theme this month. I had a student who is normally way too cool for speech not even realize the bell rang and kept on with our group discussion. Wow!!!”
Plan quickly and easily and have fun learning about Social Media and targeting all those tricky concepts! CLICK HERE to learn more and sign up today!!