Are you tired of coming up with new and engaging therapy activities, especially this time of year?
Today I’m so excited to share with you a free website that you can use to work on a variety of goals. If you’re not familiar with me and my therapy style, I am all about using as few resources as possible and as few materials as possible to work on as many goals as I can! This way I can just open up one thing, take one book, take one game, one video, and target as many things as possible. This is so helpful because then I’m not switching back and forth through so many different materials and it just makes life so much easier! The site ifaketextmessages that I’m going to share with you today can be used as something you can prep quickly before an activity or you can use it as part of the activity itself.
We know our students are motivated by text messages, emojis, and conversation so why not utilize things they’re motivated by right? And I love sites like these where it allows me to create exactly what I need to motivate my students. Here are just a few ideas on how you can use iFake Text Messages with your students:
- You can come up with a conversation bombarded with articulation sounds
- You can have a conversation breakdown to see if your students can identify it to see where the breakdown happened
- You can work on inferencing by not mentioning what’s happening
- You can work on the main idea of the text
- You can also have your students work on conversational skills like topic maintenance
- You can work on summarizing a story that they read or heard by utilizing this site while they make the text messaging conversation themselves.
The list goes on and on but here is an example of what the conversation could look like using iFake Text Message:
And you can just keep on going and have your students talk about something they’re motivated by like superheroes, Among Us, Fortnight, Minecraft, Anime, or whatever else they may be interested in at the time.
So I just wanted to share this fun free site because it is really great, students love it, I love it, and it's super easy to use. You can copy and paste it, print it out, put it in a google slide, the sky really is the limit. I know you’re going to love it, your students are going to love it and I know it will help you plan so quickly especially this time of year when we’re all like is it summer yet? Is it 3’o’clock? Right?
If you want to learn more you can check out the video below!