Smarty Ears has done it again! They are on the move and have started creating new apps again! I am so excited! I got to check out their newest one, Verb Quest, to share with all of you! They were also so generous to provide me with ANOTHER copy to give away!!
This app uses a cute wizard theme. I love Harry Potter so this alone made me happy!
Like all other Smarty Ears apps, you can import players from their FREE Therapy Report Center app, or just add right onto the app itself.
When you add a player, you can select a picture or an avatar.
Here is a view of the settings you can alter to meet your needs:
You can also modify the settings while in the activity.
Once you are ready, click the desired students/players, and click “play.” You can then select or adjust the activity level for the players. Just click “modify” to do so. Here you can select the levels. You can see which ones were played already, set ones to “on” and others to “off.”
For level 1:
- simple present tense
- simple past tense
- simple future tense (regular)
- present, past, and future
- irregular present tense
- simple present – to be
- irregular verbs – past tense
- future tense – irregular verbs
- present tense – to be (was/were)
- present participle – irregular
- present/past/past participle
- present and past progressive
- negative modals
- present perfect regular and irregular
- past perfect
- future perfect
- tense shift 1
- tense shift 2
- gerunds, infinitives, and participles
- Easy to use and navigate
- Follows the same formats as other Smarty Ears apps which is nice
- Students are rewarded nicely and is motivating
- Cute graphics
- TONS of targets addressed
- Can work on only 1 at a time for constant drilling of the verb target
- Data collection, progress monitoring, and saves data
- Can easily change settings to meet your needs
- “Hint” button teaches students to “ask for help”
- Can move at your own pace
- Receptive and expressive features