It can feel completely intimidating to start out a new career as an SLP after graduation. Since it’s been quite a while since I was a brand-new SLP, I thought it would be great to hear from a group of ladies who are just getting started in their journey.
Join us for a group chat with Erin Hurst, Bianca Rego, Shelby Ford, and Emily Cobun and learn how each lady navigated the transition from graduate studies to working in the field.
In This Episode You’ll Discover:
- How these new SLPs transitioned from school to their jobs
- Ways that they built confidence in their skills after graduation
- Examples of the many work settings available to an SLP
- The best advice that the ladies have for brand new SLPs
- Struggles that new SLPs commonly face
- Suggestions for time management with your caseload
- How to fight comparison to other SLPs with more experience
- Resources for continued learning
I hope that this discussion will help you feel less nervous as you get started in your new career as an SLP. We’ve all been there as a newbie, so move forward confidently and you will be great!
Where We Can Connect:
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to subscribe today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every review. Plus, you get to pay it forward because it will allow other teachers like you to find the podcast! Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. So easy and so appreciated!