I was busy ordering new prizes for my students on OrientalTrading.com and I had to spend a little bit more to get free shipping…oh man DANGEROUS!! Well…they got me! But it is OK because I found fun new ideas to add to my speech room!
Disclaimer: Please ignore the GROSS floors and wall surrounding the picture above! It was the only way I could display everything I got in one picture without totally exposing my entire therapy room, sorry I must remain anonymous!
OK back to the blog post!
Above you will see: hot cocoa bean bag toss, emotions plush snowballs, and a build a snowman game! How do I plan to use them?
Hot Cocoa Bean Bag Toss (by the way how cute are the marshmallow bean bags!):
- Obvious reinforcer!
- Can use with many hot chocolate themed activities such as my my story comprehension activity in my Winter Listening Fun, Winter Expanding Vocabulary Activity, and my Hot Chocolate Listening for Absurdities.
- The number they get the bean bag in will represent how many productions of a target speech sound they will have to produce.
- Working on emotions vocabulary
- Working on character traits vocabulary
- Students can build a snowball tower as a reinforcer
- “hot potato” but with the snowballs. Students will have to pass the snowball around until the music stops, the person holding the snowball will have to answer a question!
- Use these with my bowling pins
- Can use with Speech Room New's snowball fight activity!
- Following directions
- Snowman/clothing vocabulary
- Reinforcer with any target
- Hot Cocoa Bean Bag Toss
- Build Snowman — sorry this appears to be out of stock but I did see THIS ONE which looks AWESOME too!