I was recently contacted by Kim Patterson, an SLP that created a fun product for Super Duper Inc. She provided me with a copy of it to check out and review for all of you! She also promised another copy for one lucky winner on my blog!! How amazing!! First off, I love it when fellow SLPs do amazing things and getting a product published is a huge accomplishment!
Silly Sets: Minimal Pairs for Maximum Progress
This card deck comes in a cute, small box which is easy for storage. There are 100 cards!! The cards are color coded to make it easy to find what you need. The cards are sorted by phonological processes. On each card are fun sentences and cartoons containing minimal pairs.
On one side is a cartoon/comic.
On the other side are sentences with minimal pairs:
How can you use this?
- Auditory bombardment of target sounds/processes
- Listening skills: can your students hear their sounds and discriminate between those sounds and its minimal pair?
- Tons of opportunity to practice. These cards will elicit conversation which will incorporate the target sounds/processes!
- Great for showing students how when the sound is altered, it can change the meaning of the message.
- Great way to laugh!! These are just so cute and funny! It is humor your students will understand!!
- You can easily pair these cards with a fun & motivating board game or activity.
- Have your students come up with their own comic strips! Great way to add creativity to this activity!
Four different phonological processes targeted:
- Final Consonant Deletion
- Cluster Reduction
Learn more about this $21.95 product by visiting Super Duper's website by clicking HERE!Does this card deck look like something your students would benefit from?! Now you can enter to win a free set for yourself!!! Enter to win below!