Do you have groups with mixed levels of students? Are you looking for more materials that can be used with mixed groups or a variety of groups to make prep time easier?! I have a new product that you might find useful.
What is this activity? There are SIX scenes that incorporate basic vocabulary (animals, space, ocean, garden, etc.). For each scene, there are 3 different activities/levels of wh- questions.
- Level 1: Students can match the answers
to the various wh- questions provided. You can cut out the answer choices and use
Velcro. Students can Velcro the correct
answers in the box next to each question.
- Level 2:
Students will verbally respond to the questions provided. No choices are included at this level. Encourage students to use complete sentences!
- Level 3:
Students will read or listen to a short paragraph and look at the
picture. Then, they can respond to the
questions based on the picture on the text read/heard. I recommend laminating the story/questions on
the back of the picture. This way, you
can easily read to your students and they can look at the picture.
How can you use this activity?
- You can print and laminate the scenes with the questions on the back or you can put in a binder (laminated or in the protective sleeves).
- If you use a binder: you can flip the binder vertically so that the scene is on the top and the questions are on the bottom.
- You can show one scene to a group of students and have them complete different tasks.
- You can use the various scenes when using themes/concepts in your speech rooms to reinforce vocabulary and answering questions at the same time.
- You can use the same scene and do the activity 3 times to have students improve and challenge them with the different levels of difficulty.