colleagues developed a product based on the fact that they noticed in the
schools that there were several students requiring vowel therapy. They noticed there were limited suitable
materials to use. With that that thought
in mind, they created, “No Glamour Vowels.”
This book and CD are available through Linguisystems. They have recently sent me a copy to try out
and review for all of you. Just note
that the opinions are all mine!
- General vowel information
- General techniques for vowel therapy
- Vowel production screener
- For EVERY sound (long and short) and
diphthong: word lists, activity ideas,
single word level (CV, CVC, CCVC) and word/phrase/sentence level presentation
of the sounds. Sounds are in a box
which can be cut and used for drill or any form of activity desired.
- Information such as mastery age and simple vowel
placement, physiological description and elicitation ideas
- Word list: VC, CV, CVC, CVC, CVCC, and others
- Activity ideas such as making a cake as an art
- Word cards such as: trains, thank, and straight
today. All cards have images as
to easily print and use or even send home.
It uses all the same sounds as the book.
story or poem loaded with the target vowel sounds
and blank lines so you can customize the practice to your client
well. However, you can purchase the CD
without the book and it will contain the entire book.
- Great for Tier 3 in RTI
- Great resource when doing professional
development and helping teachers with strategies for improving reading/spelling
- Comprehensive and includes every sound
- Takes the thinking out of making word lists!
- Love the activity suggestions and even
Learn more about this product, view sample
pages/table of contents, and how you can get this product yourself, at LINGUISYSTEMS.