I found a new dollar store and look what I found! I bought two packets of these lacing cards for $1 each! Each one came with 2 lacing cards and 2 pieces of lace!
I was so excited for the cute pictures and fun colors! I laminated the cards to make them more durable and used a hole puncher to make the holes again.
How did I use them in speech therapy?
- Answering wh- questions (“What animal?” “Where should we lace?” “Who wants the snail?”)
- Expanding utterance length (“I am lacing the monster”)
- Requesting (“Help me” “I want ___”)
- Prepositional phrases: on, under, through, in, over, etc.
- Basic labels: colors, animals, locations
- Turn taking
We had so much fun using these in therapy today! Head over to your nearest dollar store now!