Have you heard of the echo mic? It is about $3, no batteries required, and super light (if you are an SLP on the go!)!
This little gem has been SO much fun in my therapy room!
- Turn taking – students are taking turns using this motivating toy
- Volume control – students speaking too loud or softly use this to work on volume control during various speech tasks
- Reinforcer – students are asking for this!! Great requesting skills!
- Multisyllabic words – what are you going to say “in the microphone”
- Storytelling – students are taking turns to use this toy to work on narrating, story retell, and sequencing
- Articulation/Fluency – any way to get more productions/motivation to speech works for me!
- Role playing – be the actor/actress!! A prop just makes this task more fun!
- Name that tune – play this classic game to help work on word retrieval!