One of my top selling items on my TpT store is my Pizza Party Sequencing Games. Whether it is the pizza theme or the comprehension skill addressed, I decided to create another activity using the same theme!
One skill I am addressing with my older students is predicting. I took out all of my fun predicting materials and games:
I realized I was constantly prompting my students to assist them while using these materials. Although I recommend all of them, I wanted more! I decided to create a fun pizza themed activity to work on predicting!
I think it is important to provide speech and language students with a strategy to assist them with difficult concepts and tasks. I created the steps required in order to predict and made visual to display!
Now time to practice! I created two sets of task cards at two different levels:
- Level 1: More basic. One sentence with a predicting question.
- Level 2: More complex. A paragraph is provided with a multiple choice to select the appropriate response by predicting.
There are several ways you can use these task cards:
- Use with any motivating game/activity
- Use the cards provided to make a card game out of it. Cards are provided to have students “lose their cards” and “get a bonus turn.” Students can draw a card, and complete the required tasks. Student with the most cards at the end wins.
- Open-ended board game is provided. You can have students respond to the task cards to move along the board. You can also use a dice/spinner and when the student lands on a space they must respond to a task card.
Review! I love to include review worksheets with my activities. Since this download contains two levels, there are two worksheets included!
I hope you will find this download fun and useful for your therapy rooms. Feel free to click the links included above to check out the other products I use in my therapy room to work on predicting! To learn more about this Pizza Party Predicting Activity click here! What materials and activities do you use in your classrooms/therapy rooms!?