I finally had the chance to visit my local Target yesterday (1/6/14) and spent wayyyy too long browsing the dollar spot section. I could have bought IT ALL….but I chose to buy the few things I KNEW how I would use:
I've seen people pinning on Pinterest these cute mailboxes and I was SOOOO excited when I saw them sitting there. I just grabbed them so fast!! So if you do the math, I got 3 of the white mailboxes and 1 pink…dollar spot prices…yes I spent less than $5! SCORE!
How will I use these white mailboxes? I got 3 of them for several reasons!
- Sorting past, present, and future verb tenses
- Sequences beginning, middle, and end
- Category sorting
- Sort by noun, verb, and adjective
- I will put community helpers on each mailbox and have students identify who would get the letters! Similar to THIS activity.
- After we read some of our favorite winter storybooks, we will write letters to the different characters or from the different characters!
- following directions activities
- teaching prepositions
- pretend play
- social skills role playing for writing Valentine's Day cards
- role playing and teaching going to the post office vocabulary.
- Reinforcer! Students can easily put chips into the slot as a reward!
- I will use it with the following TpT activities: Going to the Post Office & Who Sent the Letter?