I was recently contacted by the developers, Social Skill Builder, Inc. about their app, Social Skills Builder FULL! They were generous to provide me with a copy to check out and share with all of you AND another copy to give away to one lucky winner! Keep reading to learn more about this great app for working on social skills with a variety of age groups!
This app was designed by SLPs for SLPs! They knew exactly what SLPs prefer, REAL LIFE VIDEOS!!! Yes, you read correctly, for all age groups, the app uses real life videos and multiple choice question quizzes to help address social skills in a variety of settings and situations.
This app helps build understanding of the following areas:
- Friendship/Life Skills
- Understanding Emotions
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Perspective taking
- 2 modules in the title Preschool Playtime (Preschool & Playground)
- 6 modules in the title My School Day (Laughing, Table Talk, Classroom, Transition Time, Lunch Time & Jungle Gym)
- 2 modules in the title My Community (Friend's House & Restaurant)
- 2 modules in the title School Rules! (Hanging Out & Classroom Assignments)
- It uses “social thinking” vocabulary such as expected and unexpected behaviors
- It allows opportunities to pause and discuss
- Uses real videos
- Videos build upon each other, all related, and captures a variety of scenarios.
- App reads each answer choice slowly, one at a time for students
- Also taps into higher level thinking skills