Have you heard about this one?! Click HERE to learn more about this great program and how you can get involved yourself.
Well, my school was participating in this program. I realized what a great way for me to work on speech and language skills with my students and also have them participate in this great project!
What goals did I address?
- Verb tenses
- Sentence structure
- Following directions
- and more!
- I gave my students steps on how to complete the task that they had to follow
- I differentiated, some students got a model, others just verbal instructions, others I wrote steps down for them
- Pick paper, pick marker, fold paper, write message, decorate
- I presented students with a visual with a list of vocabulary words
- We went through each word and students had to express what it means and use in a sentence
- If they did not know what they meant, or couldn't express on their own, I gave them a sentence so they could use context clues.
- Then students were required to use multiple vocabulary words in their cards to demonstrate understanding.
- Vocabulary: Valentine, Veteran, fight, serve, hero, peace, freedom, country, military, army, navy, etc.